In three weeks time (on the 10th of April) we are celebrating International Good Deeds Day, by having a Charity Crafting Expo at three locations around Greater Wellington
Our aim is to have:
- Loads of donated items on display
- Have some of our wonderful volunteers on site doing some crafting and teaching prospective newbies
- Information about what products are needed (or not needed) by some of our recipient charities
- A selection of knitting, crochet and sewing patterns
- Donated yarn and fabric for people to take to use
We are also working with some of our recipient charities to have guest speakers at our locations to do some short presentations about what they need, and how crafters can help them. The times for these presentations are being finalised over the next few days.
We are also trying to connect with as many crafting groups as possible, and get contact details/meet up times. That way we will be able to help connect crafters to groups in their area, and to help promote fabulous work that the groups do for their chosen charities. If you’re involved with a crafting group, and would like us to promote you, please send an email to Anna at email@example.com
Our confirmed venues and times are:
- Paraparaumu Beach – Seaside Motel – 7/13 Seaview Road, Paraparaumu Beach – 11am – 4pm – Note: there will be tables/chairs available for those who want to bring sewing machines
- Wellington – Nancy’s Stitch Studio – 261 Thorndon Quay, Wellington – 11am – 4pm – Note: there will be tables/chairs available for those who want to bring sewing machines
- Lower Hutt – War Memorial Library – Corner Queens Drive and Woburn Road,
Lower Hutt – 1pm – 4pm – Note: knitters/crocheters only
We would love your help in 4 ways:
- We need a few people at each location to help out on the day of the event (If you are able to help out, please send an email to Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org with the location you’re able to assist at)
- By the 3 April we would like to receive any completed charity crafting to go on display at the events (remember to pop one of our labels on it, so we know what it’s made with, which helps get it to the right charity). We will also gratefully receive any donations of fabric/yarn that we can give to volunteers for charitable crafting. Drop off points – Diana’s Lotto, 24 Maclean St, Paraparaumu Beach / Nancy’s Stitch Studio, 261 Thorndon Quay, Wellington / NZ Home Loans, 67 Dudley St, Lower Hutt
- We hope that you can come along on the day to join in the fun – and maybe teach your craft to some interested people
- Please share this blog on Facebook, tell your friends and workmates, introduce us to your crafting groups, and just generally help us get the word out about our event
The best promotion we can get is driven by you!!!
Thanks to all of the fabulous people who are helping with this event, and those that will be assisting on the day. I’m really looking forward to being able to showcase all the amazing work that so many crafters do for charity.
This will be a fabulous day of “Guilt Free Crafting”; promoting crafting in general; and promoting crafting groups as well as our recipient charities. I hope you can join in the fun.
More info will follow when we firm up the times for our presenters.
In the mean time, block the day out in your diary.
Yours – with Love, Compassion and Hope